When we tell people they can get a brand new roof for free, we get a lot of eye rolls. We don’t take it personally. If someone told me they could get my insurance company to pay for a new roof, I would have the same reaction. The whole hail damage pitch seems like just that, a pitch and a scam.
However, it this was a scam, we could not have survived being in business for over 26-years with an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and a GAF Master Elite status. We absolutely would not be a preferred contractor with Allstate, USAA and Liberty Mutual and other major insurance companies.
We would have been turned us in to the MHIC or Maryland Insurance Administration if this was not legitimate. Which all leads to the conclusion that hail damage to your roof and siding is definitely real and your insurance company is obligated to replace all that is damaged.
Here are the quick and dirty facts about hail damage insurance claims:
- Hail must be at least quarter-sized to create damage, like the February 25th storm that hit Bowie.
- Hail cracks your shingles and siding, allowing for leaks overtime. The damage is even more apparent and severe if you have an older roof.
- Your insurance premiums will not rise if you file a claim because hail damage is considered an Act of God. However, rates my rise regardless of if you file due to the amount of claims in your zipcode in which case, you may as well file.
- Modern will do a thorough inspection at no charge to ensure you roof has credible damage. We will give you an honest assessment and if you have no damage, we wouldn’t encourage you to file a claim.
- Your insurance will send an adjuster out to inspect for damage. We recommend having a Haag certified contractor be there for your adjuster meeting to ensure your insurance is paying for everything damaged and not cutting corners like paying for half of a roof or not following county code.
- After your roof is approved by your insurance company, you can expect us to replace it within 2 weeks. We offer a 10-year labor warranty and several manufacturer warranties as well, all at no extra charge.
- It is simple. Your area was hit with significant hail and your home most likely has damage. We work with your insurance company to get your roof approved and in 2 weeks, you will have a brand new one. This is the first time it sounds too good to be true but it isn’t. Give us a call today at 410-569-1732 or contact us for more information. It is definitely worth at least a phone call to learn more!